I have a love-love relationship with pesto. I love it and it loves me. I loosely use this recipe depending on how much basil I have on hand or how much pesto I need.
- 2 c. packed basil leaves
- 1/4 – 3/4 c. good olive oil
- 4 (or more) cloves of garlic
- the juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1. Add basil, half the olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process.
2. Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Add more olive oil until desired consistency.
3. Add parmesan and process once more.