My friends and I can tear some salsa up. Especially homemade salsa (of course, there has to be margaritas, duh (or sangria!). All you do is put a bunch of delicious ingredients into the food processor and turn it on. I mean, really?
- One jalapeno pepper
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 1 12 oz. can petite diced tomatoes (or whole, whatever you have)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 red onion
- 1-2 Tbs. sugar
- 10 roasted garlic cloves (don’t freak out! roasted garlic is very mellow and super delicious)
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients into food processor (chop the big stuff to help) and process until desired consistency.
2. Taste for salt and sweetness, adjust seasonings as needed.
3. Chow down!
* You can also sub the roasted garlic for 2 regular cloves of garlic and add 1 can of chipotle in adobo sauce to spice it up!
* Sometimes, I even char the skins of the jalapeno peppers over a gas flame and scrape the skin off before adding to the mixture.