And, it goes perfectly with my Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders.
My mom totally called me out… this is her recipe. Thanks, Mom!
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1 c. walnuts (or pecans, slivered almonds, whatever you have on hand, really)
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 packet of chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 6 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 5 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 c. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
1. Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, half of the ramen seasoning packet, salt and pepper for the dressing.
2. Melt the butter in a small skillet. Add the nuts and toast. Be careful not to burn them. Just a few minutes will do the trick.
3. Add the chopped cabbage and green onions to the bowl.
4. Break up the ramen noodles (don’t cook them) into the bowl.
5. Add the sesame seeds and nuts and mix together.