Eating healthier can be easy! And when you love Mexican food as much as we do, grilled chicken fajitas hit the spot.
These fajitas have grilled onions and peppers, sour cream, and fresh guacamole on whole wheat tortillas. NOM.
For the chicken, you’ll want to marinate about 3 chicken breasts for a couple of hours. Overnight works best if you can.
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 Tbs. onion powder
- 1 Tbs. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. paprika
- 1 Tbs. dried oregano
- Juice of 2 limes
1. Add all ingredients (including the squeezed limes) and mix well. Add chicken and refrigerate for a few hours.
2. Grill the chicken for about 6-7 minutes on each side depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
3. Let rest for about 10 minutes after grilling. Slice thinly.
For the onions and peppers:
- 1 onion
- 2 peppers (can be red, green, yellow, orange, whatever you have)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Slice onion and peppers thinly and cook low and slow coated in the oil in a heated skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
These fajitas were juicy and spicy and delicious. I even got Carey’s approval (which isn’t too hard ;))!
Carey likes a little sriracha on his. No, thanks! Peppers, onions, and homemade guac for me!
This is the brand of whole wheat tortillas I use. I use this brand partly for the name. “Garden of Eatin”.