Doesn’t this look super delicious and super healthy? Good! Because it is!
Whole wheat orzo pasta, broccoli, and a salmon filet with a spicy honey glaze. You can’t go wrong with that! And your waistline will thank you.
This is an easy and healthy weeknight meal that will make your belly happy.
For the Salmon:
- 2 wild caught salmon filets (you can double for four)
- 1/4 c. local honey
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix honey, mustard, red pepper flakes, and olive oil in a small bowl.
3. Place salmon filets on a sheet pan and pour honey glaze on top.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes depending on the thickness of your filets.
5. After the salmon is done, I spooned a little of the glaze from the pan onto the tops of the filets.
For the Broccoli Parmesan Orzo:
- 1 16 oz. package of whole wheat organic orzo pasta (you could really sub any type of pasta that you have on hand)
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli florets (I used steam-in-the-bag)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the orzo according to the package directions in salted water. Reserve about 1 c. of the cooking liquid.
2. Steam your broccoli and cut into small pieces.
3. Once your orzo is done, drain the pasta, reserving about 1 c. of liquid.
4. In the same pot, heat the olive oil and saute the minced garlic for about 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
5. Add the pasta, broccoli, lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to the garlic.
6. Add a little bit of the reserved cooking liquid to keep the pasta moist.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan.
Add sliced lemons on top for a fancy garnish that your boyfriend will just throw away.