I always end up with a few really ripe bananas left over from the week. Banana bread is the perfect solution! I use 100 Days of Real Food’s recipe. If you haven’t checked out their site and are looking to eat more real foods, you definitely should!
- 2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 c. oil (I use coconut oil like the original recipe calls for)
- 1/4 c. plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt
2. In a smaller bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
3. Make a small well into the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix lightly.
4. You can add in walnuts or pecans or even chocolate chips!
5. Bake at 350º for about 20 minutes for regular sized muffins, about 10 minutes for mini muffins, and about 40-45 minutes for a loaf pan. I sprinkled a little organic unsweetened shredded coconut on the tops of my mini muffins before baking.
6. Enjoy a healthy whole wheat sugar free treat!
This recipe makes enough for 24 mini muffins plus 6 regular muffins, OR 18 regular muffins, OR 1 regular sized loaf.
It was absolutely necessary that I eat one. Stat.