So this “quiche” is more like a pie since I put a crust on the top as well as the bottom.
- 1 10 oz bag of frozen spinach
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. sharp white cheddar
- refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. half and half
1. Cook the bacon, lay on a paper towel to drain, and pour out most of the bacon fat from the skillet. Preheat the oven to 375º.
2. Add the chopped onions and the spinach to the skillet. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the seasonings to the spinach. Chop the bacon and add to the mixture.
4. Lay one of the pie crusts into your 9″ pie dish. Trim the edges.
5. Spoon the mixture into the bottom pie crust.
6. Whisk the eggs and half and half together. Pour egg/half and half mixture over the spinach.
7. Wet the edges of the crust and place the top crust over the spinach. Pinch the edges together and make a couple slits in the top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes and then place a circle cut from aluminum foil around the edges to keep them from darkening too much.
9. Bake for 35-40 more minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool before serving.