Y’all. Y’aaaalllllllll. You must try these. Stat!
I found this recipe and had it stashed away for a while. This past weekend, I came across it and decided it was now or never. I’m sure glad I did! These came out so good, that today, there aren’t any left! The original post’s pictures are much prettier than mine, but I’m sure they tasted just as good!
- 3 c. flour
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 c. cold, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbs. cold water
- 3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt (the original recipe calls for sour cream but I didn’t have any)
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions (or chives)
- 3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and paprika for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Add the cold, cubed butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the butter is the size of peas.
3. Mix one egg, yogurt, and water. Add to the dry ingredients. It will come together slightly.
4. Add the green onions and feta cheese. Dump mixture out onto a clean counter and knead until the dough comes together.
5. Roll dough out to about 1 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter, about 2 inches wide, to cut biscuits out.
6. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and paprika. Bake for 12-15 minutes.