Nom nom nom nom nom. Is “nom” overused? No? Ok, good. Nomnomnomnomnomnommmmmm.
This chicken was tangy and sweet and super delicious. Oh, and easyyyyyyy. I used this recipe, but if you know me, I can’t leave well enough alone. This is also an easy weeknight meal, low carb, and clean! Isn’t it nice to know you’re putting less processed junk into your body?
- 2-4 large chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. real maple syrup (not that sugar-filled imitation junk)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh rosemary
1. Mix mustard, syrup, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, and rosemary in a small bowl.
2. Pour over chicken and bake at 375º for about 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. When the chicken is done, transfer sauce into a small sauce pan.
4. Simmer sauce for about 15 minutes until thickened and taste for seasoning.
I served mine with some roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus. Just dice the sweet potatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can roast them in the oven while the chicken is cooking. Now, how about that for a healthy, easy, clean dinner?