Good, old fashioned roast, rice, and gravy.
- 4-5 lb beef roast
- garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1-2 packs of onion soup mix
- green onions for garnish
1. Stuff the roast with the garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper by making a small “x” with a knife all over.
2. In a heavy pot, sear the meat on all sides.
3. Add in about 3/4 cup of water or stock, cover, and simmer for 1-2 hours. Make sure to check on the liquid level. You don’t want it to burn, so you may have to add 1/2 cup water or stock every 30 minutes or so.
4. Remove the meat and set aside. Add chopped onions and 1-2 cups of water depending on how much is left. Reduce until thickened.
5. Add the onion soup mix and simmer for about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
6. Slice the meat and add it back to the gravy. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve over rice.