If you didn’t already know, I sure do loooooove some Mexican food.
This tequila-lime marinade can be used on chicken too! Or, you can check out a similar chicken fajita marinade here.
- Skirt steak or Flank steak
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1-2 tsp cayenne
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- Salt and pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a ziplock bag and shake to mix well.
2. Add steak and marinate for at least 3-4 hours, overnight is best.
3. Grill on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium, depending on thickness of steak.
4. Slice thin and enjoy with homemade pico de gallo, sliced avocado, sour cream, sautéed onions and peppers, and a squeeze of lime juice! YUM!
If and only if there are leftovers (which is a BIG if), make a steak omelet for breakfast the next day!