What’s for dinner tonight?
Well, folks, this is it! Sweet and tangy balsamic BBQ chicken and sweet potato fries with parmesan and fresh basil.
I’ve used this BBQ sauce recipe before on pulled pork. Also delicious. Here it is again:
Honey Balsamic BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cook for about 25 minutes or until thickened.
3. Store in the refrigerator or use immediately.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 5 small sweet potatoes, cleaned, skins on
- olive oil
- 1-2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. Slice and cut sweet potatoes into matchsticks and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
2. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until tender but not limp.
3. Sprinkle with chopped basil and parmesan cheese.