A combo of two of my favorite desserts, on a Sunday, and I didn’t even have to run to the store. Win, win, win.
As usual, I was perusing around Pinterest and found this recipe and got to work. Of course, Martha’s came out prettier than mine, but I know mine tasted just as good. These brownies are cakey and delicious.
- 10 Tbs of butter
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used semisweet chocolate chips)
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
1. In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add 8 Tbs butter (1 stick) and chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir. Repeat until almost melted.
3. Add 1 1/4 cups of sugar and mix. Add 3 eggs. Mix well.
4. Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Don’t over mix.
5. In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and 2 Tbs of butter. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 egg, and 2 Tbs flour. Mix well.
6. Alternate pouring brownie batter and cream cheese batter in a 9×9 pan. Make sure your pan has been sprayed with Pam, lined with parchment paper, and that the paper has also been sprayed with Pam.
7. With the tip of a knife, swirl the batters together. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.