This pasta is easy, versatile, and great if you participate in Meatless Mondays or are trying to eat a little less meat. You can pretty much add anything you’d like in this pasta… even meat!
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 1/4- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 1/2-2 cups enchilada sauce
- Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes
1. Boil pasta in salted water until done. Drain and set aside.
2. Saute chopped onion and bell pepper in a little bit of oil or butter. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add half of the chopped cilantro, lime juice, corn, beans, Rotel, and half of the cheese. Heat through.
4. Stir in the enchilada sauce and pasta. Season to taste.
5. Pour into a baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly on top.
6. Top with sliced avocado, sour cream, more cilantro, and more cheese. Always more cheese.